After graduation from Institut Teknologi Bandung majoring in architecture, Dony Pasaribu joined PDW, where he had tremendous opportunities to lead the design of various projects in Jakarta, including several high end residential projects. After a few years in Jakarta he joined Design Development Group,an international architecture firm in Baltimore, USA. Since then he enjoyed broader international experiences. In mid 2007 Dony joined Gensler of Baltimore office, where he worked on design of government related and commercial office buildings as well as various other typologies. Dony is accredited as LEED AP (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design). Dony is certified architect in Indonesia registered by Ikatan Arsitek Indonesia (IAI) and Lembaga Pengembangan Jasa Konstruksi-LPJK (Construction Services Development Board) .
Below are some of Dony’s Professional Experiences
GENSLER (Baltimore USA).
June 2007 – September 2009
- PNC Westminster. Retail branch building of a regional bank.
- National Business Park 324. Secure rental office building in Baltimore Washington DC area for government contractors.
- San Antonio 8000 & 8030. Secure rental office building in San Antonio Texas for government contractors.
- JUIAF. Limited design competition for a secure headquarter building of a government agency in Virginia.
- One Justice Plaza. Office building for a government agency in Washington DC
- Liberty Annapolis Office Building. Limited design competition for a rental office building in Annapolis.
- PNC La Plata & Bayside. Retail branch buildings of a regional bank.
DEVELOPMENT DESIGN GROUP, INC (Baltimore USA)
January 2006 – June 2007
- Edison Town Center. Retail complex in New Jersey
- Bayshore Mall. Shopping mall in Washington DC
- Peninsula Town Center. Retail complex in Hampton Virginia
- Virginia Gateway Town Center. Retail complex in Virginia
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP, INC (Jakarta Indonesia)
October 2001-December 2005
Project Architect; Designer
- Springhill Residence Construction document for high end residence in Jakarta.
- Apartment Tower and Mall at Tubagus Angke. Design proposal for mixed use development comprises apartment tower and shopping mall.
- Vila Pondok Indah Clubhouse. The Club House for exclusive town house in Pondok Indah Jakarta
- Mahogany Residence Clubhouse and Apartment. The Club House includes facilities for the complex: pool, tennis court, fitness hall and sauna and 30 units of apartment.
- Mega Kuningan Town Park Apartment Tower. 63 storey apartment tower, located at Jakarta.
- Blossom Residence. Exclusive town houses with club house and other facilities located at Kemayoran Jakarta.
- Bandar Kemayoran Blok C-9 Office Towers. Design proposal for two rental office towers, each 48 storeys in Menara Jakarta complex.
- Graha Konimex. Jakarta representative office of Konimex, pharmaceutical company located at Tanah Abang.
- Oil Center. Design proposal for rental office, 24 storeys on Jalan Thamrin Jakarta.
- Oil Center. Design development and Construction Documents for renovation of a rental office, 9 storeys on Jalan Thamrin Jakarta.
- Depag Tower. Design proposal for Ministry of Religion and rental office on Jalan Thamrin Jakarta, 38 storeys.
- Rifa Tower. Limited competition for 30 storey rental office in Mega Kuningan Jakarta.
- Lebak Bulus Office Tower. Design proposal for rental office in Lebak Bulus Jakarta, 30 storeys.
- Jakarta Auto Center Kemayoran. Construction document for eleven story auto shopping mall.
- Sheraton Hotel Batam. Proposal for re-design of a hotel building facade.
- Bekasi Auto Center. Design proposal for a four storey mixed use building, includes car showrooms, superstore and office.
- Lifestyle Plaza. Design proposal for mixed use development which includes high-rise apartment tower, rental office and shopping mall in Medan.
- Plaza Mega Kuningan. Design proposal for 60 stories mix-used twin tower and podium.
- Supreme Court of Constitution. Design proposal.
- Main Stadium of Indonesia National Games 2008. Design proposal for the main stadium with 50000 seats capacity in Samarinda.
- Mosque of Gambir Train Station. A small mosque at Gambir Train Station.
- Bundaran HI Fountain. Renovation of historical Jakarta’s landmark included redesigning of fountain’s plaza.
Shortly after graduated from Department of Architecture Institut Teknologi Bandung in 2001, Frans joined Habitat5 Bali and worked on resort hotels and villas in Bali and the Philippines. In 2003 Frans joined DP Architects Singapore, where he was involved in design of shopping malls, offices, residential and hospitality projects. Then in 2007 he joined SRSS (Smallwood, Reynold, Stewarts, Stewarts) Singapore, where he sharpened his skills in hospitality projects. In 2009 he rejoined DP Architects and enhanced his knowledge in design of various building types. Frans is certified architect in Indonesia registered by Ikatan Arsitek Indonesia (IAI) and Lembaga Pengembangan Jasa Konstruksi-LPJK (Construction Services Development Board) .
Below are some of Frans’s Professional Experiences
DP ARCHITECTS Pte Ltd, Singapore.
March 2009 – October 2009
- Abu Dhabi Bus Terminal & Depot, concept design competition.
- Bank Head Quarter- Financial Center Office Tower in Ho Chin Minh City, concept design competition.
- MRT Stations Downtown Line Phase 2, Singapore, design tender for 2 MRT underground stations.
- JB Factory, Johor Bahru, Malaysia. Concept Design
- Hospital Staff Housing Master Plan, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Smallwood, Reynolds, Stewart, Stewart & Associates Pte Ltd, Singapore.
March 2007-February 2009
- 5 Star Sports Hotel, Abu Dhabi. Concept Design.
- 5 Star Hotel, Guiyang, Guizhou – China. Concept Design.
- 5 Star Hotel, Kolkata – India. Concept & Schematic Design.
- Quanzhou Mixed Development– 4star Hotel & Retail, Quanzhou – China. Concept design.
- 5 Star Hotel, Chennai – India. Design Development.
- Beijing 5 Star Platinum Hotel, Beijing – China. Concept –Schematic Design.
- Commonwealth Games Village, India. Concept & Schematic Design.
- Pace Circle Mixed Used Development, Lahore – Pakistan. Design Development
- Verna Goa & IT Hardware Park, India. Various Master plan concept.
DP ARCHITECTS Pte Ltd, Singapore.
April 2003-Oct 2006
- The Dubai Marina Mall, Dubai UAE. Concept – Schematic – Design Development, Tender Doc.
- Dubai Marina Office Tower, Dubai UAE, Concept-Schematic Design.
- Mixed Development at Gurney Drive, Penang, Malaysia. Concept design for mixed development consist of Apartment, Office Tower and shopping mall at Gurney Drive.
- Mixed Development at Lahore Cantonment, Pakistan. Concept design for mixed development consist of Shopping mall and indoor theme park in the city of Lahore.
- Mix Development at Sungei Besi, K Lumpur, Malaysia. Master plan concept for mixed development area consist of Apartments, Office and Hotel Tower, Shopping mall, Villas and faculties in former Selangor Turf Club, Sungei Besi.
- New Selangor Turf Club, Selangor, Malaysia. Concept – Schematic Design for horse sport – race facilities.
- Berjaya Central Park, mix development. K Lumpur, Malaysia. Concept – Schematic Design of Hotel and serviced Apartment with specialist retail podium.
- Great Mall Of China, Yanjiao, China. Concept design.
- Dubai Creekside, Dubai UAE. Master plan concept.
- Kuantan Promenade, Kuantan, Malaysia. Master plan concept.
- Lido Boulevard, Johor Bahru, Malaysia. Master plan concept.
- New Changi Exhibition Center, Singapore. Schematic – Design Development.
- Lot 504 KLGCC Commercial Square, K Lumpur, Malaysia. Concept Design.
- Permas Jaya Commercial Complex, Johor Bahru, Malaysia. Schematic-Design Development.
HABITAT5 a design company, Kuta, Bali – Indonesia.
July 2001-March 2003.
- Private Villas, Jimbaran, Bali – Indonesia. Design development.
- The Farm at San Benito. Development of Holistic Health resort consist of Villas, SPA, Gym, Function Hall and Medical resort facilities in Lipa City – Batangas, Philippines.
- Private Villa at Sanur, Bali – Indonesia. Concept design proposal
Yustinus Sembada worked for Center for Urban Design Studies (PSUD, Pusat Studi Urban Desain) for three years, shortly after graduation from Department of Architecture, Institut Teknologi Bandung. He was involved in several high profile Urban Design Guidelines formulation projects in Jakarta. Moving to Jakarta, he joined PDW where he completed a number of residential master plan and high rise buildings. Yustinus has his international experiences from working for SAA Architects Singapore and for Design Development Group in Baltimore, USA. For almost eight years abroad, he has worked for various master plan, mixed use, office and residential projects. Returning to Indonesia, he was recruited as head of master plan development of BSD City – Sinarmasland, an influential property developer in Indonesia. Working for developer, he had to ensure all master plan works streamlined with business strategy, regional planning, statutory regulations and planning permissions.
Below are some of Yustinus’ Professional Experiences
BSD CITY – SINARMASLAND DEVELOPER (Tangerang Indonesia)
August 2010 – January 2012
Head of Master Plan Development
DEVELOPMENT DESIGN GROUP (Baltimore USA)
January 2000 – January 2001, October 2003 – October 2009
- Akkoza Shopping Mall. Shopping center in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Istinye Park Shopping Mall. Shopping center in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Ward Centers. Commercial Urban Redevelopment in Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Perkins Rowe. Commercial District in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- Watters Creek. Commercial District in Montgomery Farm, Allen, Texas.
- The Greene New Town Center. Commercial District in Dayton, Ohio.
- Pondok Indah Mall II. Shopping center in Jakarta.
- Easton Town. Commercial District in Easton, Colombus, Ohio.
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP, INC (Jakarta Indonesia)
September 2002 – September 2003
- Mega Kuningan Town Park Apartment Tower. Apartment tower, 63 floors, in Jakarta.
- Blossom Residence. Exclusive town houses with club house and other facilities located at Kemayoran, Jakarta.
- Rancamaya Golf Resort. New town in Bogor, West Java.
SAA ARCHITECTS PTE. LTD. (Singapore)
April 2001 – May 2002
- Singapore Armed Force Clubhouse. Proposed club house and sport facilities at, Telok Blangah, Singapore.
- Singapore Armed Force Yacht Club. Proposed yacht club and leisure center at Changi, Singapore.
- Terrace Houses. Residential complex in Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
- Office and Shopping Centre. Proposed mixed use complex in Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
- Nan Yuan New Town. Mixed use development in Beijing.
- Various HDB housing projects throughout Singapore.
CENTER FOR URBAN DESIGN STUDIES (Bandung Indonesia)
July 1997 – January 1999
- Export Processing Zone (EPZ) Marunda Masterplan in North Jakarta
- Sukarno – Hatta Corridor Building and Environmental Guidelines (RTBL) in Bandung, Indonesia.
- Karet Tengsin Superblock Urban Design Guidelines in Jakarta.
- Ancol New Town Masterplan. Development on area of reclamation in Jakarta.
- Kemang Residential Area Urban Design Guidelines. Influential and fast-growing residential area in Jakarta.
- Prof. Dr. Satrio Corridor Urban Design Guidelines. Major road in Jakarta.